Address: 37B Nguyen Binh Khiem- Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi
Phone number: 39.746.021
Director: Hà Minh Phương
Director: Nguyễn Chí Trường
Deputy Director: Phạm Văn Tiến
(Based on Decision No. 565/QĐ-TCDN dated 12 September 2013, stipulates functions, duties, scope of power and organizational structure of the Department of Student Affairs)
Department of Student Affairs is an unit of General Directorate of Vocational Training, its function is to assist Director General in performing state function of managing vocational students at vocational training institutions across the country.
IV. Duties, scope of power
Department of Student Affairs performs following duties, scope of power:
1. Develop, submit to the body of authority legal documents on activities related to students for approval, including:
a) Regulation on activities relating to students in formal vocational training institutions
b) Regulation on assessment of academic performance of full-time students at vocational training institutions
c) Regulation on activities of emulation, rewarding for students at vocational training institutions
d) Regulation on organizing activities related to fitness, sports, culture, performance for students at vocational training institutions.
2. Develop, submit to the body of authority legal documents on policies toward students at vocational training institutions for issuance.
3. Lead, coordinate with related agencies, organizations to organize, direct, guide, inspect the implementation of issued documents on:
a) Implementing regulation on managing vocational students; regulation on assessing students’ academic performance; regulation on activities of emulation, rewarding for students at vocational training institutions; regulation on organizing activities related to fitness, sports, culture, performance for students at vocational training institutions;
b) Education of political ideology, ethics, lifestyle, culture, aesthetics for students;
c) Prevention, fight against crimes, social evils and developing of healthy learning environment in vocational training institutions;
d) Physical education, security – national defense, healthcare-related activities in vocational training institutions;
đ) Movements related to culture, performance, fitness, sports by vocational student;
e) Implementation of the policies of tuition fee, scholarship using state budget and credit policies toward vocational students
g) Career orientation, vocational consulting and job consulting for students.
4. Coordinate to inspect, check settlement of complaint, denunciation and settlement of violations relating to vocational students according to regulation.
5. Coordinate with the Department of Policies and Legal Affairs to carry out propaganda, dissemination, education of law for students.
6. Organize, direct implementation of providing training for staff involved in management of vocational students; coordinate with the Department of Occupational Skills to lead the organization of national, regional, ASEAN and global skill competitions.
7. Take lead in assisting Director General in:
a) Direct, organize the implementation of career orientation, providing consulting of vocational training, employment and psychology for students;
b) Coordinate with the Ministries, sectors, social organizations and localities to direct, guide implementation of healthcare in school setting, physical education in vocational training institutions;
c) Coordinate with Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union, Vietnamese Students’ Association, other socio-political organizations, sectors, localities, vocational training institutions to organize, monitor activities of students;
d) Cooperate with the countries in the region and in the world on activities related to students.
8. Inspect, monitor implementation of support policies for vocational training, job-seeking, job-creating by students.
9. Monitor, collect information on activities related to development of the Party, mass organizations by students in vocational training institutions; coordinate with the Office to perform statistics on the number of vocational students periodically and annually.
10. Perform other duties assigned by Director General.
V. Organizational structure of the Department of Student Affairs
Department of Student Affairs has Director, no more than 03 Deputy Directors and other officials.